I’m a big fan of new technology and I love learning shortcuts that can increase my efficiency!
Some of my favorite tips and tricks I use on my office computer are:
1. Adobe PDF Templates
- A neat feature that lets you create templates for commonly used items such as headers, footers, and watermarks.
- Rather than reformatting to your preference every time you’re adding a watermark for example, just click the “Save Settings”‘button at the top of the dialog box and give it a name.
- Having the formatting and text auto populate each time I type a few characters has saved me a ton of time when working with PDFs.
2. Drag and Drop instead of Copy/Paste
- E-mails to digital folders.
- Moving pages within and between multiple Adobe PDF documents.
- Excel tabs.
- Any other place I find it available.
3. Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V, Ctrl+X, and Ctrl+Z
- Ctrl+C = Copy
- Ctrl+V = Paste
- Ctrl+X = Cut
- Ctrl+Z = Undo (very useful!!)
4. OneNote for Microsoft Office
- I recently started experimenting with OneNote and I’m really liking it so far.
- It’s an easy and convenient way to keep tracks of notes, lists, anything you want really.
- More details available at OneNote
5. Renaming Digital Files and Documents
- When renaming files and documents, copy/paste as much as possible for similarly named docs. Once pasted, you only need to update the characters as needed.
I’m sure there are many others I use, but these have been especially useful for me. Happy to answer any questions you may have!
Looking for Professional Attire Ideas?
If interested, I’ve just added my first (of many to come) review of nice yet affordable professional attire ideas for women. My first review is of my favorite work dress and can be found here: Dresses