When I first started working at my career job, I wore the usual skirt and button up shirt. I never considered wearing dresses to work for the longest time, but ever since I started I’ve worn dresses exclusively. For one, they are way more comfortable! One consideration that might have held me back initially was the thought that a nice and high quality dress would be expensive. Turns out there are actually a lot of stylish and affordable professional dresses available to buy online.
After some trial and error when I first started dress shopping online, I’ve now started to narrow down my own personal style, and I can fairly accurately predict my size based on past experiences and using the available resources, such as customer reviews and size charts.
I’ve ranked the dresses below according to my own personal experiences and preferences, with #1 being my most recommended dress. I will keep updating this list as I continue to explore more dresses.
1. Miusol Women’s Official V Neck Crossover Design Cap Sleeve Fitted Pencil Dress
Purchased through Amazon at the following link:
This dress and overall brand is at the very top of my list, it’s going to be hard to find a new front-runner (recommendations always welcomed!).
- High quality and thick material.
- Very flattering fit, and a good length even for tall girls (I’m 6’1″ and ordered an XL).
- Looks great with accessories.
- Stretchy enough to where you can pull it over your head without undoing the zipper, yet still has a nice looking tight fit once on. I’ve been doing this for months and it’s had no long term effect on the material as far as I can tell, still fits great.
- Very comfortable to wear.
- I often find sales on this brand on Amazon.
- Too expensive when not on sale if trying to stick to a low cost budget.
- I will update if I can think of any other.